WaterScout SM 100 Soil Moisture Sensors
The key is knowing both when and how much to water!
Maintaining a healthy soil moisture and water balance is essential for producing high quality plants. Under-watered plants suffer from nutrient deficiencies, stunting and wilting. Conversely, over-watered plants are more susceptible to disease pressure and less tolerant of dry conditions later on in their life cycle. Extreme over-watering will suffocate the plant and lead to root death.
- Measures Volumetric Water Content (VWC) of soil
- Capacitance-type sensor responds immediately to changes in soil moisture content for better irrigation decisions
- Calibrated for mineral soils or soilless media
- Installs easily into 3/4 in (1.9 cm) hole
- Install permanently or use to take spot measurements
- Can be read with the FieldScoutÂ® Soil Sensor Reader (Item 6466) or WatchDogÂ® 2000 and 1000 Series Stations
- Connect up to 8 sensors to one station